Posted (Tina) in All Posts on August-19-2008

Ella stayed on course today: 2 liters of oxygen in order to maintain her saturations and heart rate.

Our pulmonology appointment is this Thursday at 3pm.  We’re hoping to get some answers!  This waiting game is not fun.

We heard from Dr.Kays today via email.  Unfortunately, we had some technical difficulties and he was not able to see the upper GI images.  So, I re-sent everything this morning and hope to hear back from him tomorrow.  Based on the weather report, I hope that everyone in Gainesville stays safe – – there is a tropical storm that may become a hurricane in Florida right now.

We have been trying for several weeks to find a home health care agency that would provide private duty nursing.  Initially, our insurance company has approved 20 hours per week.  However, there is such a shortage of nurses, especially in Colorado.  We called eight different home health care agencies and none of them could help us.  One positive thing about being in the hospital: the case manager called the top rated home health care agency and now, they think they can staff a nurse.  The director of nursing is going to come by and meet me and Ella on Friday afternoon.  Please pray that will come through for us.  It would be so nice to have that type of support, even if it is simply short term.

Also, please join us in praying for the right family for our rental home.  It has been vacant since early June.  The traffic was better in July, yet this month has been slow.

It’s so hard to see Ella in a place where you know something is wrong and yet, there does not seem to be any urgency on behalf of the doctors. So, we’re just daily trying to trust in the Lord for his timing, purpose and plan to be revealed.

Thank you for all the support and prayers – it means a lot.